Monday, February 15, 2010

The Five Stages

I have to admit that I have learned so much from dating. The longer you are on the dating scene, the smarter you become. At least I can say this about myself. My time becomes more precious and I am much closer to having what I want (I think so anyways).

According to David Gray, author of “Mars and Venus on a Date”, there are five stages a couple go through to have a strong, successful relationship.

  1. The attraction phase: Dating, but not exclusively.
  2. The uncertainty phase: you may feel uncertain, maybe take a step back before you go forward (if you go forward).
  3. Exclusivity: you only date each other
  4. Intimacy: the fun begins
  5. Marriage: total commitment

I really recommend this book. It cleared up most questions I had. Maybe it can do the same for you if you are scratching your head wondering why things are not working out… you probably skipped a stage.. maybe slept with someone you barely knew and now wondering why she is crying and completely heart- broken when you needed some space to think- alone. Yes, it happened again(not talking about me here). Better luck next time. Unless sex is all you want, then good luck dealing with all the emotions heading your way.

Over and out,

Tara